Friday, 11 July 2014

Some finished stuff

Happy Go Lucky Star quilt

I did some cross hatching in the middle and some stippling FMQ on the borders.

And a couple of Lacy Waves Ponchos

I bought this pattern a few years ago and have knitted many of them. When I feel I need to finish something quick after knitting some lacy shawls using 2ply yarn using 2.75mm needle with a thousand something yards of yarn, I always go back to this poncho. So quick to knit. This poncho is knitted using 80%Bamboo 20%Marino Wool on 8mm circular needles :) 

Friday, 20 June 2014

Friday Finish

Annabelle's quilt
Quilt top for Annabelle is finished. The top measures 87" x 87". Fabric line is Wrens & Friends by Gina Martin for Moda.

Have no backing yet!

Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Summer Breeze

Work in progress for this week... Summer Breeze

I'm using leftover Happy Go Lucky fabric line to make Summer Breeze quilt by Melissa Corry at Happy Quilting.

This was my first finished block and I got it a bit wrong. I cut the background strip for in-between the triangles 1/4" smaller than it supposed to be so as you can see it's not quite line up with the two corner triangles :(  but the size of the finished block is correct so I'm keeping this block in!

So far I'm loving it, the quilt pattern and the fabrics :))

Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Work in progress for this week

My Happy Go Lucky Stars

I got hold of some Bella Solid and... finally able to finish piecing Happy Go Lucky Star quilt. I just love this fabric line, so happy and cute. It is all now pinned and I'm thinking how to FMQ?

I had a bit of a problem attaching the sawtooth borders. I forgot that I was piecing the stars on my old Pfaff and after I bought more of the background fabric to continue, I started piecing sawtooth borders on my new Bernina. I just thought they are all 1/4" foot.... wrong! So I had to do a bit of reverse-sewing and piecing them back together.. voila... I love the sawtooth borders :)

And these are left-overs from the border HSTs... they just look so delicious!
I'm gonna make some more of them :)

Annabelle's quilt

This one is for my daughter, Annabelle. Fabric line is Wrens & Friends by Gina Martin for Moda picked by Annabelle.

It turned out quite big!!

Putting the final borders on, then off to find some backing :))

Friday, 2 May 2014

Finished baby quilt

Yay! I have a Friday finish quilt

This one is for my daughters' music director's new baby son :)
Finished quilt size is 40"x40" according to the pattern but I added two borders so it takes to up to 46"x46". 

 I bought from and many more patterns I'd like to use from this book. This is a MUST have book!

FMQ quilting is done by me on my Bernina 750QE.

FMQ quilting doesn't stand out on the back or I just don't know how to get good pictures : P
But I thought I include the picture of the backing, too.

Linking up with crazy mom quilts,  TGIFF and Richard and Tanya Quilts :)

Thursday, 24 April 2014

Finished project

Gill's mum's quilt

I have a finished quilt this week! Ready to hand it over to Gill's mum.

I wish I had washed the backing before pinning it. Didn't cross my mind 'cos I always use prints either co-ordinates or contrasts to the front of the quilt. But this backing (quilters' homespun) was picked by Gill so I just went ahead like what I usually do and after washing it the shrinkage is quite different to the quilt top! The buckledness (hope this is a word?) of the quilt really annoys me :(

I embroidered the label.

Wednesday, 9 April 2014

I'm back

It's been a while since I posted last. So much has happened! I made a trip to Burma (that's where I'm from), teaching my niece a bit of sewing and patchwork while I was there. She did pretty well considering I only had three weeks there to show everything I could squeeze in.

This is our workstation... 

Electricity is quite poor over there. Some days we can't do any sewing in the afternoon as power isn't strong enough to run the machine :(

I apologise for the quality of the pictures, didn't realize there was a smudge on my camera lense :P

 Fabrics are so beautiful and only cost fraction of what I would pay here in Perth, WA. They are lovely100% cotton and made in Japan so say no more!

And I learned a new thing just before my trip, Foundation Piecing! I have never sewn so much in one day, 9-3pm was a bit grueling but the result is awesome. I so love my blocks. They are far from perfect but I'm happy with the colours. The fabrics are by Kaffe Fassett, nice and bright!

Not sure how I'm gonna use it, I might turn it into a table runner?? 

Now that I'm back and every thing is back in full swing around here. I have started up with a friend of mine, Gill's quilt. This one is for her mum. Gill picked the fabrics and pattern. It's been progressing nicely.

I have used this pattern to make a few quilts in the past. I just love the simplicity of it.
I have it all pined and now on my way to machine quilting :)

I made this one last year!

In the mean  time my girls' music director at school just had his first baby. And it's a boy, I have never made boy's/man's quilt. So here is what I went with...

Fabric line is Wrens & Friends by Gina Martin for Moda. The pattern is out of my new book I just purchased from, Modern One-Block Quilts by Natalia Bonner and Kathleen Whiting.

This is a 'must have' modern quilt book, highly recommend it. I just love the colours, background fabrics used in this book. I will be making a few quilts out of this book :)

Linking up with Freshly Pieced :)