Wednesday 14 January 2015

Triple Star and another Summer Breeze

First up is Triple Star by Kim Brackett (Scrap-Basket Beauties Book)
Fabric: Hapi by Amy Butler



I love this fabric line. I may have chose the background a tat-dark?? But can't do much about it now.
I put in a bit of The Alexander Henry blue xmas fabric collection.
Right now I'm contemplating adding sashing or not??


Summer Breeze #2

I made one like this last year with kona white background, post is here. I just love this pattern, called Summer Breeze by Mellisa Corry at Happy Quilting.



Now just have to join the blocks then sew the rows together :)






2 comments:

  1. I like your choice of background fabric in the triple star; it allows the busy bright colours of the stars to pop. As you ask about sashing, I'd put in a simple sashing with no cornerstones in the same background fabric: give the stars the space to breathe and don't detract from their colourfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this in progress, and can vouch that the background colour (the darkest shade of teal) looks absolutely striking with the print range used in the stars.

    ReplyDelete