Friday 28 August 2015

Finishing My WIPs

Finish #1 Carpenter's Star Quilt


Fabric: Honey Sweet Layer Cake
Size: 79" x 79"
FMQed by me






Back of the quilt.


This quilt is for my SIL's 50th :))
Have to do the label now!

Finish #2 Lantern of Light



This is what its looked like a few weeks ago, I don't have a design-wall and I lay them out on the floor to arrange the blocks. This is what happens when I don't shut the doors to the sewing/games room. Our 2 little dogs like to walk/run over my blocks :P




viola... all done :))
Pattern: Lanterns of Light by Julie Wallace
Fabric: Japanese prints from my stash
Size: 60" x 70"


This is my first QAYG quilt.


Backing fabric is directional so I cut it into strips which are length of the quilt.


Linking up with:



6 comments:

  1. Very pretty Carpenter's star quilt. The black makes the lanterns sparkle. Lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilts are beautiful. My favourite is the Carpenter's Star. Love the colours you chose, and your FMQ is just the perfect addition! Tee hee on your little dogs, the one in the last photo is like crap! Busted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful quilts, I am sure your SIL is going to love her present! I have to say the Carpenters star is my favorite, I could not stop looking at it, I guess it has to go on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finishes. The carpenter's star is beautiful. I especially like the quilting. What a sweet gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the scale of your carpenter's star. I work on such tiny pieces usually, I think I should GO LARGE for once!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice finishes, and I particularly like your lantern quilt. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete